- Office of Energy and Environmental Industries
- Office of Health and IT
- Office of Transportation Machinery
Information By Sector
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Export Initiative
- Civil Nuclear Trade Initiative
- Environmental Technologies Export Initiative
Office of Energy and Environmental Industries
The Office of Energy and Environmental Industries has continuous openings for volunteer interns. We are looking for motivated college and graduate students who are interested in learning about what we do to support the U.S. energy and environmental technologies industries in international markets.
Interns will assist staff members in:
- researching and writing briefing papers, speeches, and correspondence
- organizing meetings, briefings, and other events
- counseling exporters
- producing content for our website
Interns may work full- or part-time (at least 16 hours per week), and if your school allows it, we can arrange with them for you to receive academic credit.
- academic or professional work in international relations, economics and trade, and/or energy issues
- excellent research and writing skills
- computer skills (office applications)
- U.S. citizenship
- current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate school program
If you are interested, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Jonathan Chesebro. Generally, we look at applications for the fall internships during August, for spring internships during December, and for summer internships in March and April.
Please note that our office can only consider applications for internships in the ITA Office of Energy and Environmental Industries, not for other parts of ITA or the Commerce Department. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.